The holidays are quickly approaching, and many families are looking forward to finally seeing each other again! If you plan on taking a holiday trip this year to visit your family, you should know that the Nortex Lube and Tune team is looking out for your safety. Dealing with holiday traffic is much easier and stress-free if you know that your vehicle is properly serviced and won't break down. We highly encourage you to take your vehicle to our shop for a pre-trip inspection before you hit the busy roads. To escape the pains of holiday highway traffic, please consider the following tips:
- Holiday traffic peaks the day before Thanksgiving and several days before and after Christmas. If you can, we advise you to travel outside of those days.
- Don't forget the entertainment if you have kids. Traveling with children can put additional stress on you. To ensure everyone is happy and calm, don't forget those entertainment devices. Also, feel free to play some road trip games or do a sing-along to pass traffic time.
- Make sure to pack the right items, including an emergency kit, snacks, and water. What's a road trip without the snacks, right?
- Eliminate all distractions for the driver. When you are stuck driving in traffic, you may be tempted to reach for your cell phone. Unfortunately, distracted driving is the number one cause of accidents. Stowaway your phone and keep your eyes and hands where they need to be.
- Have patience as holiday traffic is inevitable. It's normal to be anxious and stressed during the holidays, but it's important to remind yourself why you are on the road, to begin with (to be with family). It'll all be worth it in the end.
We want to minimize your stress as much as possible this season, which is why we encourage you to bring your vehicle to our shop to receive the necessary maintenance and repairs before your busy schedule sets in. You can always look to Nortex Lube and Tune for reliable automotive services. Please call or visit one of our three convenient locations today.