To keep your car or truck running smoothly, it is important that you bring your vehicle into Nortex Lube & Tune for regular engine tune-ups. Our McKinney auto body technicians will visually inspect all of your engine components and provide you with a detailed description of what needs to be done in order to ensure it is working properly. The engine is perhaps the most important component of your car, which is why it is crucial that you do not neglect it. Once you bring your car into Nortex Lube & Tune for a tune-up, you will immediately notice that your engine starts easier, runs smoother, and is more efficient. In fact, our engine services will help you lower your emissions, improve your fuel economy, and restore any lost power. We typically recommend that you follow your vehicle manufacturer’s recommendations for car tune-ups, as these are intended to improve the long-term health of your car.
Engine-Related Maintenance and Services
When you bring your car into our McKinney shop for a tune-up or any engine-related maintenance, we will perform the following:
- Change the oil filter, air filter, and fuel filter
- Check the PCV valve for proper operation
- Check the spark plugs and spark plug wires
- Perform an oil change
- Inspect your car for any fluid leaks
- Test the coolant strength, acidity, and pH levels,
- Diagnose engine noise
- Replace any gaskets, belts, hoses, and timing belt based on recommended service interval
- Look at engine diagnostics, exhaust systems, catalytic converter, and emission controls
- Check all sensors and fuel/air ratios
A correctly operating engine is necessary to ensure a safe and reliable vehicle. Regular maintenance services will help prolong the life of your engine, provide you with the best power and fuel economy, restore your car to its normal operating state, and maintain a more fuel-efficient vehicle that will produce fewer greenhouse gas emissions.
To avoid costly repairs and replacements, please contact Nortex Lube & Tune today to schedule a tune-up. We recommend that you have your engine checked annually at the very least, and whenever you notice something is off or your check engine light comes on.